Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Handiham World Weekly E-Letter for the week of Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Turning the Bencher CW paddle on its head

Pat holds up the Bencher paddle. 
What do you do when the wiring to your CW paddle needs to be replaced?  I wasn't really satisfied with the too-short length of the wiring between my Morse code key and the radio, but I'd been putting up with this minor annoyance for quite a while.  Then when I decided to push the IC-7200 transceiver back a bit in the desktop, I noticed that the radio wanted to send a constant stream of dits.  Obviously the 1/4 inch phone plug in the back of the radio was shorted.  It turned out that I had to cut it off and replace it because the way it had been installed in the first place made it impossible to reuse. 
It was finally a good time to rewire the Bencher!